This post is part of a series of weekly found poetry prompts. If you have an idea for a found poetry source, email Senior Poetry Editor Beth Ayer.
- Turn on a radio (any station) and at your chosen time count to ten.
- When you reach ten, write down the word(s) you hear.
- Repeat this as many times as you like. Each time starting on a new line.
- These words are the beginnings of your lines. Now complete them with words drawn from what you experience around you right now. (colours, smells, actions, emotions, appearances)
- Enjoy a drink. The name of your chosen drink is the title of your poem.
- This is not a false alarm, this is not a test.
To see some examples, visit the Write Out Loud website. We will, of course, be delighted if you share the results in the comments below.